Hearing aids are a massive funding, so it’s excellent practice to learn how to clean and keep them at home. Like many things, hearing aids need a small machine, work for hearing. Its maintenance is important. The better you take care of them, the better they will take care of you.
With any investment, there’s a positive degree of renovation required to ensure that cash is being well spent and the purchase is well stored. A hearing resource is no extraordinary.
Hearing aid users if need to adjust in the hearing device according to his/her necessity. They have to manually control the volume i.e high or low. Many options are available for hearing aids like design, the level of style. Different technology is used with special features.
There are numerous other preventative measures that you may complete often to ensure that your hearing aid is at full-functioning potential!
Hearing aid Batteries
All hearing aids have batteries. The size of the battery will vary depending on the hearing aid, while some hearing aids have optional rechargeable batteries. When inserting a battery in your aid, it should always be placed in the battery compartment with the + symbol or flat side facing upwards.
Hearing aid batteries are the guarantee that is not only current but backed up with maximum life. All batteries are properly sealed packs and supplied in easy -to-open form. They are extremely long lasting and comfortable. Many different sizes of batteries available because all the hearing aid is not in same size, style, design, and technology. Which size of the battery is suitable they will depend on hearing aid.
Behind-the-ear hearing aids:- Many people who get NHS hearing aids have behind-the-ear (BTE) hearing aids. A clear plastic acoustical tube directs amplified sound into an ear bud or a customized ear mold that is fitted inside the ear canal.
In-the-ear:- In-the-ear (ITE) hearing aids and in-the-canal (ITC) hearing aids have their working parts in the ear-mould, so the whole aid fits into your ear.
Hearing aids cleaning tools:
- Includes 5 tools that can be removed from the kit and used individually: a brush, wax removal pick, tube or vent cleaning tool, battery door opener, and battery magnet tool.
- Carry a multi-purpose tool with a brush and magnet on one end and a wax pick on the other.
- It is designed to keep your hearing aid clean and free of dirt and grime. Non-metallic material won’t scratch hearing aid and Nylon construction absorbs moisture.
- it is Hearing aid and hearing aid accessory audio wipes. Includes 100 small individually wrapped disinfecting towelettes for cleaning your hearing aids without any problem.
- Includes a 4 oz. disinfecting spray that can be used to clean hearing aids. It is Specifically formulated for ITE or CIC hearing aids and ear molds
Daily cleaning tip for hearing aids:
Hearing aids is very essential the special care and maintain for all functions work properly. if they aren’t maintained properly, they can affect your listening condition. Clean your hearing aids regularly and give them a long lasting life.
There are some guidelines to help you manage your hearing aids.
- Remove your hearing aid during bath, swimming. Also, take them off in the rain or protected from the moisture.
- A Hearing aid is regularly clean with the soft and dry cloth. They can be easily removed and with the help of mild soap solution can be clean.
- The Battery tester is used to check the batteries regular .keep in cool and dry place. Discard batteries one at a time. So handle them carefully. When change is required then change them
- It is important to regular meet our audiologist. To check the performance of the hearing aid.
- Every day check the listening performance because the sound you hear is clear or properly.
- When not use the hearing aid for long period of time then remove the battery will save its power.
- Keep you hearing instrument in its case. When not wearing in it.
NOTE: Even after careful cleaning and maintain hearing aids not working properly then cause it to malfunction. This can make your hearing aid sound weak or distorted. If this is happen return your hearing aids or contact hearing care services.