North India is like a pandora box for a traveller. It has so much to offer, that a traveller can spend an eternity exploring North India and still many places will be left to explore. From religious places to historical sites, from snow capped mountains to the deserts, from shopping hubs to gastromary places, you won’t be able to choose your favourTite destination. North India has some of the finest tourist destinations in the world.. The most sought after tourist destinations in North India include:
- Leh Ladakh:- Ladakh is a haven on earth with scenic landscapes, coldest desert, alluring mountain ranges, sparkling lakes and wonderful people. The mystical region of Leh Ladakh is the ultimate travel destination of the country. The most famous adventure activity of the region is taking the biking expedition to Leh Ladakh. Along with adventure activities, the interesting and beautiful sights add to the appeal of Leh Ladakh. Some of the famous places to visit in the valley include: Shanti Stupa, Pangong Lake, Hall of Fame, Hemis wildlife sanctuary, Lamayuru Monastery and many more. Summers is the best time to visit Leh Ladakh as the weather is pleasant and the valley is in full glory.
- Delhi:- The capital of the country is a perfect amalgamation of the new world with the yesteryear world. New Delhi is home to some of the finest and architectural marvels of the mughul density. The famous historical sites one can visit when on a trip to Delhi include: Humayun’s Tomb Jama Masjid, Purana Qila and Red Fort. The city is also the political head of the country, so one can visit Rashtrapati Bhavan and the famous India Gate. Along with iconic buildings the food of Delhi also adds to the grandeur of the place. The street food of Delhi is some of the most amazing food that the country has to offer.
- Jaipur:- The first planned city of the country, Jaipur is one of the shining jewels of Rajasthan. Jaipur is also known as the pink city as the majority of the buildings in the city is of the colour pink. Jaipur is the living evidence of the glory and wea;th of the rajputs. The spots to visit when out traveling to Jaipur are Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar, Jal Mahal, Jaigarh fortress, Nargarh and the city royal residence. The royal family still resides in the city palace. The city of Jaipur is also known for shopping. The tourists can shop for traditional rajasthani goods as well as artefacts of the rajputs in the heart of the city.
- Amritsar:- The city of Amritsar is the reflection of the culture and tradition of Punjab. The city of Amritsar holds a very significant place in the Indian history of British rule.The scandalous Jallianwala Bagh Massacre occurred right now. The close proximity of Amritsar to the Wagah border adds to the importance the city holds. If you wish to experience the sikh culture in its truest form, then Amritsar is the place to be at. The golden temple is one of the most peaceful places to visit. The iconic streets with handicrafts and the food of the city is a once in a lifetime experience.
- Varanasi:- The city of Varanasi is considered to be the spiritual centre of the country. Varanasi is one of the oldest habited cities in the country. Varanasi is also known as Kashi or Banaras. If you wish to witness the hindu culture with all the rituals and the traditions then Varanasi is the city for you. The city of Varanasi can be inferred as the city of temples as there are temple in almost every lane of the city. Varanasi is one of the seven holy cities of the country and is also known as the city of Lord Shiva. People from pan country visit the city to take a dip in the holy river of Ganga and to witness the grand aarti that takes place on the banks of river Ganga every evening.
These places provide a glimpse into the graneur called North India. One can witness varring amount of culture and traditons at every 100 Kms. The region of North India is truely a travaleers paradise.